Thursday, April 11, 2013

Typical Thursday.....

Well today was a typical day in the Davis house.... which translates to a "drama free" day.  I can totally handle drama free any day!
The highlight of the morning was our typical Thomas the train and Bob the Builder favorites with Rex, he comes running anytime he hears the theme songs to either show.  It's such a sweet time to rest my head on his little head and smell his hair while he claps and enjoys his favorite shows.  For that small amount of time I think back to when he was small enough to swaddle and how amazingly handsome & smart he is at 2 years old.  He captures everyone with his adorable smile and his sweet little Rex swag he carries around everywhere!  Just gotta love him!
Today taught me:
  • My daughter poots when she coughs (so she says)
  • Hunter loves what any other little boy loves, especially scab picking
  • Rex told a complete stranger "bless you" when they sneezed
I FEEL FAT......
Robbie tells me all the time I am not fat, but me being a typical woman always comments on gaining a pound here and there, but lately due to popcorn and golden oreos I have put on about 10 pounds sitting at home during the day, so I ask my husband all the time "am I fat?" and he always replies "No, baby you are beautiful," well at the doctor today I weighed myself and sure enough I have gained 10 pounds and that to me is not okay.  So I get home from the doctors office and ask him again "please be honest am I fat."  He again replies, "no baby you are beautiful."  I assured him I could take it if he thought I was and I just simply wanted him to be honest, so he replies, okay fine you need to lose 30 pounds.  Well my reverse psychology kicked in and I was upset, "what do you mean 30 pounds, I thought you said I was beautiful, how could you."  He obviously could not win and I really wanted to hear that I was skinny and I didn't really have to tackle exercise and dieting, but the truth is I have to get more in shape.  I cannot sit around and eat golden oreos and popcorn all day every day and stay in shape.  So as much as I do not want to admit it, I have to learn to diet and get in shape not only for myself, but as an example for my family.  So being completely honest today I have to lose 20 pounds for me to feel comfortable with myself, so tonight I sit in the recliner and sulk, tomorrow I run.....
,,,,,unless a genie appears and I get a wish to be super model skinny overnight, not holding my breath.



KD

No comments:

Post a Comment